Infertility has become a major concern among couples in the present times. With changing lifestyles, work pressure, and increasing age, fertility problems have been on the rise. IVF or in-vitro fertilization has evolved as a lifesaver for couples who are struggling with fertility issues. Natore has some of the best IVF clinics in the country, equipped with the latest technology, experienced doctors, and a supportive staff. In this article, we will discuss the best practices, do’s and don’ts, and the best food to eat for couples undergoing IVF treatment.
What is IVF?
IVF is an assisted reproductive technology that involves fertilizing an egg with sperm outside the body in a laboratory setting. The fertilized egg or embryo is then transferred to the uterus. IVF has helped many couples become parents who were struggling with fertility issues such as blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, low sperm count, etc.
Do’s and Don’ts for Couples undergoing IVF treatment:
1. Quit smoking and drinking: Smoking and drinking have a negative impact on fertility, so it is important to quit these habits while undergoing IVF treatment.
2. Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or underweight can drastically impact your fertility. So, maintaining a healthy weight is important during IVF treatment.
3. Reduce stress: High levels of stress can affect fertility and IVF success rates. So, it is important to keep stress under control.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Eating a healthy diet, regular exercise, and adequate sleep can help improve fertility and increase IVF success rates.
5. Follow the doctor’s instructions: It is essential to follow the doctor’s instructions regarding medication and appointments for a successful outcome.
Foods to eat during IVF treatment:
1. Fruits and vegetables: As part of a healthy diet, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to get all the essential nutrients in your body.
2. Whole grains: Including whole grains such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and quinoa can help with hormone levels and regulate glucose levels.
3. Good fats: Consuming healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, olive oil, and avocado can help boost fertility.
4. Proteins: Eating proteins such as fish, chicken, and eggs can help maintain a healthy reproductive system.
Surrogacy, IUI and ICSI treatment options:
Apart from IVF, there are other treatment options available for couples who are struggling with fertility issues.
IUI (Intrauterine insemination) – In IUI, sperm is directly injected into the woman’s uterus during ovulation.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) – In ICSI, a single sperm is injected into an egg to fertilize it.
Surrogacy – In surrogacy, a surrogate mother carries and delivers the child for the couple.
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of IVF treatment options available in Natore and how to prepare for it. Remember, following a healthy lifestyle, maintaining a healthy weight, and reducing stress can help increase the chances of a successful IVF outcome. If you have any questions or concerns, always speak to your doctor.